Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Related Information.
Atherosclerosis Drug Discovery
Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure. Email or Customer ID. Forgot password? Old Password.
Cholesterol can be controlled
New Password. The thrust of material is centered around animal models useful as tools in the search and evaluation of new drugs.
- Key Points.
- Atherosclerosis Drug Discovery | Charles Day | Springer.
- Smart Growth: Building an Enduring Business by Managing the Risks of Growth (Columbia Business School Publishing).
Abstract Atherosclerosis is the leading cause of death worldwide. To date, the use of statins to lower LDL levels has been the major intervention used to delay or halt disease progression. These drugs have an incomplete impact on plaque burden and risk, however, as evidenced by the substantial rates of myocardial infarctions that occur in large-scale clinical trials of statins.
Thus, it is hoped that by understanding the factors that lead to plaque regression, better approaches to treating atherosclerosis may be developed. A transplantation-based mouse model of atherosclerosis regression has been developed by allowing plaques to form in a model of human atherosclerosis, the apoE-deficient mouse, and then placing these plaques into recipient mice with a normolipidemic plasma environment.
Under these conditions, the depletion of foam cells occurs.viptarif.ru/wp-content/kit/1509.php
Interestingly, the disappearance of foam cells was primarily due to migration in a CCR7-dependent manner to regional and systemic lymph nodes after 3 days in the normolipidemic regression environment. Further studies using this transplant model demonstrated that liver X receptor and HDL are other factors likely to be involved in plaque regression. In conclusion, through the use of this transplant model, the process of uncovering the pathways regulating atherosclerosis regression has begun, which will ultimately lead to the identification of new therapeutic targets.
AG F30 AG
- Preliminary research shows noninvasive therapy may reverse atherosclerosis.
- Log in to Wiley Online Library!
- Symmetry and Condensed Matter Physics.
- The Scourge of God: A Novel of the Roman Empire.
- The End of Empire in French West Africa: Frances Successful Decolonization?;
- An introduction to the study of stellar structure?
- Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic.